It’s been well over a month since I last updated you on where we stand with the membership of this site… since then I had a wonderful trip to New Zealand (and Australia), where I gathered many memories… and, on the plane home, a nasty cold. Once I am over that I’ll post a longer (members only) diary. But for now, just to let you know…
- We launched our new site name and design; I hope you like it!
- As part of the design we don’t list the total “reach” anymore, but I know that continues to grow.
- As part of the new launch we mentioned that there is a donor willing to match new subscription and other donations up to $50,000 this year! And to that end, we have added five new donors, so thanks! We are up to 129 subscribers. (We can do more, of course; there must be a few more folks out there who will support this site and the work of the Vatican Observatory Foundation to the tune of $10 a month or $100 per year. If we had a thousand, instead of a hundred…)
- There is a drive underway to support alumni of our biennial Summer School to help them travel to a reunion at the end of this summer; if you’re associated with the summer school or just like the work that it does, chip in a bit and help some of the younger scientists get back to Castel Gandolfo this August!
- Don’t forget, if you are in the Washington DC area, our annual Vatican Observatory Foundation seminar in astronomy: